 Robotics / 6211
Re: Lazy Tongs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:01:37 GMT

Have you tried a variation on the rack-and-pinion steering design.  The
old "Expert" sets used it to some degree of success.

Basically this involves using a 8-tooth gear and some of the flat "gear"
plates.  The 8-tooth gear rotates and pulls a 1 by X platform underneath
it. This does take up a bit of room, but by pulling on both left and right
sides rather than the traditional style of using one fixed side and one
moving side.

Matt
matts@medinfoconsulting.com
medinfo@aros.net