 Robotics / 6220
Re: Droid Developer Kit is here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:58:21 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Ben Williamson) writes:

For what it's worth, the Clock on my web page uses one output and one
input.  I guess it's the most "useful" of my creations.  :)

[he's referring to http://staticip.cx/~benw/lego/clock/index.html -ed]

TLG could have added an alarm clock mode to the Micro Scout in which a
black/white disk rotating near the light sensor generates a fixed
length pulse to the motor each minute, to move analog clock hands.
[...]

What you're actually trying to say, is that the light sensor would generate a
pulse each revolution, not each minute. The RCX has to measure the minutes
internally, the light sensor would measure the revolutions.

You could also have the light sensor trigger an "alarm" so, rather
than being a normal alarm clock it would wake you up when it gets
bright (like, at sunrise unless it's really overcast). This wouldn't
really be an alarm clock, but it's hard to see how you could make a
real alram clock anyway since it's hard to communicate information
into it. You'd have to use Morse code to tell it what time to set the
alarm.

- Robert Munafo
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13