 Robotics / 6112
Re: Droid Developer Kit is here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 01:46:46 GMT

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Hao-yang Wang wrote:

Maybe I am comparing apples to oranges, but I feel the 5 built-in programs of
RCX are more useful than the 7 built-in programs of Micro Scout. (Challenge:
with only one light sensor and one motor, can you come up with a RCX
application that is more interesting or useful than the 7 built-in programs
mentioned above?)

For what it's worth, the Clock on my web page uses one output and one
input.  I guess it's the most "useful" of my creations.  :)

TLG could have added an alarm clock mode to the Micro Scout in which a
black/white disk rotating near the light sensor generates a fixed
length pulse to the motor each minute, to move analog clock hands.

Are you TLG folks out there listening?  ;)

- Ben.

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw/