 Robotics / 6137
Re: USB->serial adapter for IR-tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 19:20:18 GMT

Yes.  My IR-tower works on the USB --> serial port of an Entrega 2U1S1P
multiport USB adapter.  The serial port configured itself as (COM3)USB, and the
RIS software correctly autodetects COM3 (a pleasant surprise).  Some other
serial devices also function, some don't.

Al Thiele        agthiele@san.rr.com

David List wrote:

Has anyone here tried using a USB->serial adapter for the IR-tower? I´m
curious about this, since I have had bad experiences trying to expand the
number of COM-ports on my machine (I have two on-board COM-ports, both used,
now).

Best regards,
David List