 Robotics / 6096
Re: Cye
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 21:50:08 GMT

We've all seen some pretty amazing things done with MindStorms and Cybermaster,
but a replica of Cye would be quite a challenge.  The dead reckoning software /
shaft encoder positioning is pretty amazing on CYE.  I think we'll see new
wheels for cye pretty soon that will be good on tile, wood, granite, etc.

Has anyone built a RCX or Cyber Lego robot that can find an energy source,
recharge on its own, and then continue on with it's tasks?

Jason

Matthew Miller wrote:

Ensio Tammi <ensio.tammi@realitymodeler.com> wrote:
It's also important to recognize that the Cye needs to have a carpet floor
surrounded the "HomeBase". Wood, granite, etc. seem to be too slippery for
Cye.

So basically, the whole thing *could* be better done with Cybermaster.

Quotes 'R' Us                       --->            http://quotes-r-us.org/