 Robotics / 6070
Re: The new Super Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:16:00 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com writes:
As for new parts, there is a 5 length axel also.  A few other weird ones that
are a bit harder to discribe.

The #5 cross axle isn't new, it's in several of the Throwbots sets (four of
which I have already inventoried, see lugnet.db.inv)

I'm not sure if you're talking about 8445 or 8448. 8445 Indy Storm also uses
some of the Throwbot "foot" pieces (which I currently call mr0079); they appear
in yellow for the first time in 8445.

The large curved yellow pieces used for the sides of the body and rear airfoil
stanchions are also used in the yet-to-be-released 9748 Droid Developer Kit
(where they appear in white). Those pieces also appear in blue in 8444 Air
Enforcer, in green in 8446 Crane Truck, and of course red in 8448 "Supercar
II". 9748 and 8448 use a longer version of the piece; 8448 also includes the
shorter size found in 8444, 8445, 8446. I don't know if any of there sets are
available yet.

As I don't yet own 8445 I can't comment on any other "odd" pieces it might
have.

- Robert Munafo
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13