 Robotics / 5726
  Re: LEGO data drive

Michael, Good stuff! I also bought some rolls of calculator paper, but you've beaten me to it. I'm planning to use the rotation sensor to graph arbitrary waveforms along the tape. Welcome to the list. The main reason I hang out here is to see what (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: LEGO data drive

(...) This is a COOL little project...I wonder how long it will be before someone comes up with an RCX simulation of a Turing machine...Ben?? Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) ---...--- Reply to: (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO data drive

Thanks! Actually, It may have been done: (URL) I wish I could read Japanese! Michael ----- Original Message ----- (...) -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO data drive

A nifty looking device, but I don't see how it meets the requirements of a Turing machine. "The language of the machine consists from some simple instructions like: L- for moving the head to the left, R- for moving the head to the right, the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO data drive

Looks as if the bricks can take either of two positions and then all it would need is a sensor (light sensor perhaps) to "read" and the software to process-- nifty. -- Richard Clemens Associate Professor Computer Science Department West Virginia (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: LEGO data drive

(...) I never said it WAS a Turing machine, I asked how long before someone actually BUILDS a Turing machine using the RCX.... Now that I have a couple of rotation sensors, the time does seem ripe. Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO data drive

(...) Check out (URL) is in Japanese, but the idea is definitely still there. -Luis (25 years ago, 25-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)