 Robotics / 5736
RE: LEGO data drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 00:32:00 GMT

A nifty looking device, but I don't see how it meets the requirements of a
Turing machine.

"The language of the machine consists from some simple instructions like: L-
for moving the head to the left, R- for moving the head to the right, the
"symbols"- for writing the symbols on the tape and the "variables"- for
writing the variables." (http://www.glissando.net/vturing/)

I don't see a mechanism in the robot that'll write or erase just one bit.
The motor on C would seem to twiddle the bricks, but that impacts the entire
stream.

Am I missing something?

I never said it WAS a Turing machine, I asked how long before someone actually
BUILDS a Turing machine using the RCX....

Now that I have a couple of rotation sensors, the time does seem ripe.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/pbFORTH/default.html>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com