 Robotics / 5611
Re: #8480 Space Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:09:13 GMT

For anyone living near southeast Massachusetts, you could try calling Toys R Us
in Kingston. I bought one there for $130 (which is a lot cheaper) and they
still had 8 left.

Their number is 781-585-1200, and they're open until 9:30 PM. Just make sure to
tell them to look on the very top-top shelf. That's where most of the sets
were, and they won't think to look there if you don't tell them to. Also
confirm the price, if they quote a really low price they're probably looking at
the non-Technics set that has a space shuttle in it (I don't know the exact set
name or number but it was something like "launch command center". It's not in
the PAUSE magazine guide)

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Al Thiele) writes:
(1) LEGO Shop-At-Home recently found a number of 8480 Space
Shuttle sets that had apparently been lost in distribution.  This set was
considered "gone forever" late last year.  I bought one and am blown
away by its ingenious design.  Two motors (which perform 5 functions),
fiber optics, clever gearbox, etc -- 1366 pieces, $158US including S&H.
S@H's order line is 1-800-453-4652 [24 hrs/day] if you can't resist.

Message has 2 Replies:
  Re: #8480 Space Shuttle

(...) Probably "Mission Control" - (URL) Matthew Miller ---> mattdm@mattdm.org Quotes 'R' Us ---> (URL) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)
  Re: #8480 Space Shuttle

Robert Munafo wrote in message ... (...) R Us (...) sure to (...) looking at (...) set (...) in (...) They still had six of these on the shelves when I left there last night at 7:30 p.m. A few of the boxes are in rough shape, though. (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Message is in Reply To:
  #8480 Space Shuttle

(1) LEGO Shop-At-Home recently found a number of 8480 Space Shuttle sets that had apparently been lost in distribution. This set was considered "gone forever" late last year. I bought one and am blown away by its ingenious design. Two motors (which (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)