 Robotics / 5518
    Controlling Digital Camera via Infra Red? —Hari Wiguna
   Hi, I was doing some research before purchasing a digital camera to take LEGO pictures (suggestions welcome) when an idea hit me (BAM!) :-) Wouldn't it be cool if the RCX could control a portable digital camera through Infra Red? For instance the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Controlling Digital Camera via Infra Red? —Dave Baum
   Although the RCX uses IR, it is not IrDA compliant. The RCX operates using the same carrier (38kHz) found in many consumer remote devices (television, VCR, etc). Aside from that it is non-standard as far as IR communication goes. Simple - but (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)