 Robotics / 5518
5517  |  5519
Subject:
Controlling Digital Camera via Infra Red?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 19:37:01 GMT

Hi,

I was doing some research before purchasing a digital camera to take LEGO
pictures (suggestions welcome) when an idea hit me (BAM!) :-)

Wouldn't it be cool if the RCX could control a portable digital camera
through Infra Red?
For instance the Casio QV-770 is irDA compliant:
http://www.casio.com/digitalimaging/detail.cfm?PID=622

So instead of the kludgy motor clicking the button, it will be completely
digital.
The robot would carry an RCX and a portable digital camera.
RCX would send IR commands to the camera telling it to take pictures, zoom,
etc.
Maybe even tell the camera to transmit pictures back to the PC (through IR
of course).

My knowledge on this subject is practically nil, so maybe none of this is
possible, but I know there are some of you out there who can implement this
(you know who you are ;-))

Please share your thoughts and robots,
Hari Wiguna