 Robotics / 551
Re: moving in a straight line with two motors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 18:05:24 GMT

Alex Wetmore wrote in message
When I first got the mindstorms I thought that it would be interesting to
have a vehicle which put down a foot, lifted itself up, turned, and put
itself back down.  It would be possible to do this with two motors (either
using one for both lifting and driving or lifting and turning), but it
seemed like making the lifting foot work properly would be difficult
(although it might not be too bad if you used pnuematics).

If you are thinking pneumatics and mindstorms, you might check out an
electric pneumatic switch (made in Lego) at

http://www.members.home.net/ourcreations/pictures.htm

Also, it is interesting to note that the piston of a fully charged and
extended cylinder will rotate with relative ease.

There is also an example of rocker-boogie suspension system for those who
have come from the robot mail list and might have missed the previous post
about
it on Lugnet.  For those of you that have seen this post before I apologize.

LINC