 Robotics / 5431
Re: New Challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:33:55 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ralph Hempel writes:

Good idea Todd, but there is a hitch. What surface is the dumbell on? Can the
bot pick up the dumbell? Can the dumbell be in a cart? etc....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

Okay....I've had alot of people ask for details.  Here's some details:

Flooring:  Carpeting (shag preferably just to make things difficult)
Set:  Mindstorms and expansion packs only (but if you NEED that extra beam,
it's not like I'll be by to check your creation)
Vehicle:  This is a Tractor "Pull".  Your ...thing... must pull a 10lb. weight
a set distance.  If you can get it to move the weight, you probably have a
good chance to keep it moving.  Doesn't have to be a dumbell.  I just used
what I had handy.

Just do what you want.  This just an idea.  Add to it.  Come up with other
bizarre twists.  USE YOUR IMAGINATION.  (sorry.  didn't mean to yell.)

And keep building.

....Maybe I'll start on my other project.  One of those old flip clocks made
out of Legos....