 Robotics / 5425
  New Challenge

Hello all.... I've been watching this group for a long time and while the discussions about RCX programming and LegOS is fine and good, what about some good old fashioned building challenges? Something that's challenging, yet actually can be (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Challenge

Stock Mindstorms kit only? Or do we get additions? -Luis (...) ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous ###...### -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: New Challenge

If no further details are provided, than this is a trivial challenge. No robot needed either. Take a dumbbell with disk weights, put it on a smooth, hard surface so that it can roll easily. Connect a winch to a Lego motor. Mount it on a base plate, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: New Challenge

(...) Good idea Todd, but there is a hitch. What surface is the dumbell on? Can the bot pick up the dumbell? Can the dumbell be in a cart? etc.... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Indside of a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Challenge

(...) Okay....I've had alot of people ask for details. Here's some details: Flooring: Carpeting (shag preferably just to make things difficult) Set: Mindstorms and expansion packs only (but if you NEED that extra beam, it's not like I'll be by to (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)