 Robotics / 526
Re: moving in a straight line with two motors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 20:20:40 GMT

Also, there is constant current leakage whenever there are motors attached.
Should be pretty low if the motor is not moving, but should climb a
LOT if the motor is driven by some mechanical force.

Please explain why there is necessarily leakage current when the motor is
shorted.  I can see there being very little leakage current if the CMOS is
done right, but I haven't reviewed the circuit diagram on the data sheet
recently, so I'm not sure if this is the case with the chip in the RCX.

Hm.  So I just reviewed the data sheet again, and it seems that there is
indeed a significant current when the motor is shorted.  That sucks.

-Kekoa