 Robotics / 5149
    IR Tower range —Tim Gion
   Can someone tell me what the effective range of the IR tower is? Also, is the IR beam emitted in a cone? I haven't purchased a Mindstorms set, but I'm interested in possibly using them for cooperative robotics projects. I pored through several old (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: IR Tower range —Mario Ferrari
     (...) Tim, I haven't done any precise experiment about the effective range. In my experience, the actual range depends on many factors: - the orientation of both the IR tower and the RCX - reflecting surfaces in your room - interferences I'd say in (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: IR Tower range —Hari Wiguna
   Tim Gion <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:Pine.GSO.4.05.9...nia.EDU... (...) I don't have exact numbers, but I've personally built a wireless remote control car using two RCXs (one in the car, another as a remote controller) and it (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: IR Tower range —Chris Phillips
    I am pretty sure that the official Lego product documentation claims that the IR tower range is 90 feet in "long range" mode. I've never tried anything over about 20 or 30 feet, but it has always worked well for me. I was originally surprised at (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)