 Robotics / 5104
New creations: VCR and Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 00:04:16 GMT

Hi folks,

Two new Lego creations are up on my pages at:

http://www.pobox.com/~benw/lego/

I just finished the VCR, which has a motorized top-loading deck, and a
tape with spools that are engaged and driven by hubs once loaded.  There's
an NQC program that loads the tape when you press down on the deck, plays
it for a while and then ejects it.  And you thought the clock was useless.

Last weekend I built a car with active suspension, stealing some ideas
from the brochure photos of the 8448 SuperCar II.  I had just received the
8462 Crane Truck with those nice wheels and pneumatics and stuff, and I
really couldn't wait till September for that car.  :)

Enjoy,

- Ben.

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw/