 Robotics / 508
Re: moving in a straight line with two motors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 15:35:32 GMT

Tom Pierce wrote:
My wheeled bots have a strong tendency to go in whichever direction is
necessary to run into sleeping cats. • <snip>
What I am
attempting to get my bot to do is to run into the corner behind the TV with
all the wires, tangle itself up as quickly as possible in a way that causes
the motors to strip as they try to turn unturnable wheels.

Another project I've been working on is to get a bot to turn slowly until a
candle is detected. Upon detecting the candle, the bot rams into said candle
at full speed, knocking it over and pouring wax all over the floor (and,
with any luck, setting the drapes on fire). After accomplishing this, it
plays a pleasing tune.

Hey, sounds like goal right up there with the Mindstorms commercials -
shoving all the plates off the dinner table, snapping pictures of
women in the shower, etc.

Great to see the big problems being solved on this list....:->

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |