 Robotics / 5071
  RE: Lego "pegging" disks

(...) But they DID, way, way back. I still have a set (2 Yellow 3 blue and 2 red) of the old BIG tooth gears. The yellow set is about the size of an 8x8 plate nad has a 5x5 grid of holes. The set has the old white Technic axles and red bushings. (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego "pegging" disks

(...) I have a co-woker who has an half-complete set of these in the original box -- I don't know the number -- but wow, they're cool. Is there any way I could find out what the market value of a complete set would be? Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego "pegging" disks

(...) Now that you mention them I remember I have some too! Pre-Technic Lego gears. They are HUGE. I guess I got mine in the first half of the seventies. There was a very nice black chain too with two studs on each piece, ideal to join any standard (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego "pegging" disks

Dunno, but I have several of these gears, no box or anything else, that I would trade away. If anyone is interested, I'll dig them all out and get a list of which ones I have. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | | (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego "pegging" disks

(...) Am I absolutely dreaming, or was there an earlier set of gears which were all grey? I seem to remember having Lego gears, but definitely don't remember multi-color ones. Such a set would have been from the early 70s (or possibly earlier if we (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego "pegging" disks

(...) I still have a lot of my Lego parts from 60s and 70s (some pictures of them at my site), but I'm pretty sure the first gears were the ones mentioned by Ralph. The largest was yellow, the medium one blue and the smaller red. Axles were white (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  RE: Lego "pegging" disks

Ah yes, I still have quite a few of these pieces, especially the wheels with metal axles and the bricks that accept them. The belt Mario mentioned is great and can be used to turn rotation into linear motion, but it works with the old gears only and (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego "pegging" disks

(...) These gears are used in Marcus' Kinetoscope and Wind Mill at: (URL) they can certainly be used with Mindstorms too. Play well! Franz-Michael S. Mellbin --- Franz-Michael S. Mellbin (URL) fmm@fischer-mellbin.com (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  RE: Lego "pegging" disks

(...) Do people _really_ want to discuss / look at pictures of these rather old bits? I could scan and post some pictures out of the 1973 and 1975 (or thereabouts) catalogues if that would jog memories? Stuart -- Did you check the web site first?: (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)