 Robotics / 491
  Re: Tachocount

Do you think a tachometer needs to distinguish direction? Why? Going forward or not, a vehicle _moves_ from one place to the other, so the space moved must always be added, never subtracted. How could you otherwise figure _how_much_distance_ you (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tachocount

(...) I think we need to think of other applications than cars as well. The tachometer can be useful in a lot of other mechanisms. Suppose we have a 2D plotter set up, and use one motor for the x coordinate and one for the y. That way, tachometers (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tachocount

Good point of view, but I think that the intention of LEGO when created CyberMaster was to make vehicles. From that point of view it is a great bonus to have some tacho counters, since a toy car don't need them very much (but maybe Crusher needs (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)