 Robotics / 4884
Re: New creation: Lego Clock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 18:31:32 GMT

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Joel Shafer wrote:

On your page I also saw your scanner / plotter.  Very cool, I've been
thinking about building one of those for a while.  How did you get the
precision control by using touch sensors instead of rotation sensors?

The touch sensors are just limit switches at the endpoints of motion.
There's not much precision, it just uses time delays and assumes that the
motors spin at a fairly constant rate.  Seems to work well enough for some
things, but that wouldn't cut it for the clock.  :)

- Ben.

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw/