 Robotics / 484
  Multiplexing Input Circuit

I think Sven thought of this first. Anyway I threw a circuit together last night that uses the SetSensorType to switch between 4 inputs. I put it on a page at: (URL) seems to work well, but startup is a problem. It starts out on input 1 but if you (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Multiplexing Input Circuit

(...) Require it to be clocked every so often, reset if it is held high for a certain length of time. Alternatively, it may be possible to drop the voltage to zero - but that would require a firware change... anyway, I'll look into it out of (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Multiplexing Input Circuit

(...) Looks good! How about using the third input port to assert the reset line and set the counter back to zero? Is your counter set up as a binary counter? From your diagram it looks like there are times that more than one sensor would be active (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Multiplexing Input Circuit

(...) The counter is a CMOS decade counter that has only one output high for each count. There is only one analog switch on at a time. The counter is reset when it hits the value 5 so it jumps back to 0 to start over. The analog switch is (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Multiplexing Input Circuit

(...) The setup I was using was bi-directional too, I'm not sure exactly why I was seeing it, but I remember getting a high reading for a non-pressed touch sensor when the next one over (the previous one in the cycle?) was pressed. If I reversed the (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Multiplexing Input Circuit

A simple RC circuit will work for the reset. In your code, make the first time you turn on power to the sensor delay a little longer, and the delays between subsequent readings short. I was discussing this with a co-worker, and the possibilities of (...) (26 years ago, 13-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)