 Robotics / 4820
  New creation: Lego Clock

Hi folks, I've just put up a page describing my latest creation, an analog clock. It's quite compact, has coaxial minute and hour hands, and uses a fiber-optic rotation sensor to stay in sync with the RCX's internal clock. Photos, NQC source and (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New creation: Lego Clock

(...) One comment. You can get a 60:1 ratio using lego gears using a drive train like this: 8:40 driving 8:24 driving 8:16 driving 8:16. (that is 5x3x2x2 = 60) Using legOS you could build a full featured alarm clock that used the buttons on top as (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New creation: Lego Clock

i'd love to take a look at this (and the alarm clock sounds like a fun project idea:) but when trying to resolve Ben's page, I get a problem resolving staticip.cx. Do you have an actual IP we can reach your page at, ben? Or should I just keep (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New creation: Lego Clock

(...) This one works for me: (URL) you are the man. I'm going to try to build the FetchBot some time this week. Jonathan -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New creation: Lego Clock

(...) The DNS for staticip.cx is served by my little machine, and the DSL was down for a while last night. I gotta set up that secondary DNS... In the meantime, 216.100.248.143 is fine, like Jonathan said. On Tue, 4 May 1999, alex wetmore wrote: (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New creation: Lego Clock

(...) I take it that the fiber-optic "distributor"'s LED-switching can be sensed by the RCX? Now that is an astounding multi-use of a specialized element. -gbr (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New creation: Lego Clock

(...) Yep, pretty cool. I can't take credit for figuring that out, does anyone recall who did? I'm sure this side-effect didn't happen by accident, there's no real reason to switch the LED when it's blocked if all you want is pretty flashing light (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New creation: Lego Clock

(...) Ben, I still don't know really what you are talking about, this is the first that I have heard of using that FO thingee as an angle sensor/counter. How does it work in NQC? thanks, DLC (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: New creation: Lego Clock

(...) Has anybody looked inside on of those fiber-optic light "distributors"? Maybe it's a set of LEDs in a circle, with a contact wiper mounted on the axle that turns them on one by one as the axle rotates? Tilman -- Did you check the web site (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New creation: Lego Clock