 Robotics / 4786
  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) C may be the best choice for a base language to start with simply because its well known. Quite frankly, if the bytecode is written reasonably well, different compilers for different base languages should be very feasible - compilers based on (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) Do NOT underestimate the amount of work we are talking about. I took a working version of hFORTH for the PC and ported a few machine specific definitions and rewrote the IO drivers and debugged and tested using GNU tools, and I have 80 hours (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Something else is needed, I think...

Maybe we could write a program that compiles c source code into forth :) just joking Joel Shafer joel@connect.net -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) I don't think I am underestimating the amount of work, actually.Just because a language has a GUI toolkit does NOT make it user friendly or portable. (...) Then it's not self contained on TWO counts. One, as you mentioned, you need NQC to get (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Mark Tarrabain skrev i meddelandet <372E220C.D2F9AD52@l....bc.ca>... (...) But the whole point with FORTH is that it is self-contained, and the 'compiling' part is an integrated part of the language (normally quite small), and _used_ in programs, (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)