 Robotics / 4699
  serial-port problem.

Hi!! I'm Nohala. I like mindstorms very much. But a problem occured to me. That is... I want to use NQC in Linux box, and installed it. Then I tried to download a test program to RCX. But error emerged. % nqc -d test.rcx Downloading Program:error (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: serial-port problem.

(...) This error is thrown whenever the PC cannot communicate w/ the Tower, or when the Tower cannot communicate with the RCX. When you try to download the program into the RCX, does the little green LED in the Tower light up? If the green light is (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Og Needs More Inputs

-So, I'm building an RCX-based robot that already has - and needs - a light sensor, a rotation sensor, and a touch sensor. I've discovered I can include another touch sensor on the same input as the light sensor. (Thanks to (URL) Can the same be (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Og Needs More Inputs

(...) There isn't any way to "double up" a rotation sensor. It needs to be connected 100% of the time to prevent it from missing counts. There are ways to build mulitplexers and input expanders on my web page, but they all require non-standard LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Og Needs More Inputs

(...) You mean a touch sensor and a rotation sensor? This does not work. The two sensors confuse one another. Also, pairing up a light sensor and a touch sensor only works if the lights are not very bright. Pointing the light sensor at a bright (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)