 Robotics / 4700
Re: serial-port problem.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 18:11:27 GMT

% nqc -d test.rcx
Downloading Program:error
No reply from RCX

This error is thrown whenever the PC cannot communicate w/  the Tower, or
when the Tower cannot communicate with the RCX.  When you try to download
the program into the RCX, does the little green LED in the Tower light up?
If the green light is off, The PC is not properly connected to the Tower, or
the 9V battery came loose or is dying in the Tower.  If the green light is
on when trying to download, the Tower is not finding the RCX. -- Set the
tower to HIGH mode for IR and try again. (longer arrow)

----- Original Message -----
From: NOHALA TATSuRO <nohala@er.ams.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 1999 2:34 AM
Subject: serial-port problem.

  Hi!! I'm Nohala. I like mindstorms very much.
  But a problem occured to me. That is...
  I want to use NQC in Linux box, and installed it. Then I tried to
download a test program to RCX.  But error emerged.

% nqc -d test.rcx
Downloading Program:error
No reply from RCX

  I read Linux's HOWTO, etc. But I can't understand what is wrong.
  So, if someone has had a same problem, please tell me how to fix it.

  Thank you for your reading this mail.  Bye!