 Robotics / 4617
Re: Dark seeker project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:01:00 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jeff Blaine writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Dennis Clark writes:

It wanders about looking for a really dark place
and when it finds it for 5 readings, it shuts
down and sleeps until light wakes it up.  In the • [snip]
Could you elaborate more on "it shuts down and sleeps
until light wakes it up"?  What do you mean by "shuts
down" exactly?  How are you doing the "light wakes it
up" part?

  This is a fanciful description of observed behaviour.
When it finds a dark corner it "coasts" the motors and stops
looking at anything but the light sensor until that sensor
detects light over the threshhold, then all of the activities
come back on and it goes into seek mode again.

I'm interested in this, as I would like to eventually
have my wanderer going into some form of low-battery-usage
sleep mode for several hours at a time.

  I'm not sure _how_ to wake the RCX back up by an external
signal once it is "asleep" either.

I have pics of it, but I have to develope the film • [snip]

I'd like to see the pics eventually.  Please make a post
here when they are available (or email me directly if you
would like).

  Cool.  Such pics will be on my site in the near future, I'll
post something to that effect when they are, as well as the NQC
code that I used with it and ...

have fun,
DLC