 Robotics / 4512
  Re: **lego motors?**

(...) Lego's Super Car (8880) comes with a 4-speed gearbox that uses loosely set cogs to engage an axle to an idler gear (I don't know how else to describe it), which means that one can change gears easily at high rpm and not worry about (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: **lego motors?**

I haven't got the Super Car 8880 (It came and went in my dark ages, anyone got one for sale in the UK). I think I understand how it works, how small do you think you could make that with RIS parts? I'm looking forward to seeing the new super car's (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: **lego motors?**

(...) I don't think that it would take up a lot of space at all. In fact, the largest part should be the motor that is used to engage/disengage the gear. Using a tractor hub, two 16-T gears, and two axles (with other parts to hold this all together, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)