 Robotics / 4501
Re: 4WD 4WS model w/limited slip diff. NOTE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 18:35:04 GMT

PS.
THe nice looking photos of the lego elements were cropped from originals found
on the Technic Elements Registry:

http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/t_contents.html

They basically describe the key elements necessary to complete the model.

In lugnet.robotics, David Forrest writes:
This photo might help

http://www.geocities.com:80/BourbonStreet/Quarter/3073/lego9.jpg

or

http://www.geocities.com:80/BourbonStreet/Quarter/3073/lego9.jpg

Without the rubber-band connection between the two power outputs, whenever the
model would go over a bump and one wheel was lifted off the ground, the other
wheel would not spin at all and all the power went to the other wheel.

Now, with the rubber-band limited slip differential, you can drive the model
with one of the wheels removed on each side.

You do notice that it does take a second or two for the rubber-bands to build
up enough torque to drive the other side, hence - limited slip.

Dave

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com writes:
Previously, you (Dave Forrest) wrote:
Hello all,

I have been working on a 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering model that has
suspension and limited slip differential.

I can't quite see from the photos how you got the limited slip into
the differential. What am I missing? Other than that It looks like
a neat design. I like how you arranged the power to the weels and
the location of the differential.

here are the photos:

http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Quarter/3073/test.htm

the story will follow soon.

This model is a great base for all sorts of projects.
Let me know what you think

Dave :-)