 Robotics / 446
Re: MindStorms at Robot Store (Hacking Lego Compatible Parts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:47:15 GMT

In message <36493BCF.8BE4F5A8@projo.com>, Brian Stormont
<brian@projo.com> writes
What I would find VERY useful would be a
3x2 lego block with the built in electrical contacts on the posts. Something
like the empty shell of the official touch sensors would be great (assuming
they didn't cost $10 each).   Then I could make my own sensors without having
to go through the process of drilling apart lego blocks, cutting tubing to
the proper size, etc...

Has anyone taken apart the small yellow 2x2 connectors yet on the
Cybermaster? It looks as if you might not be able to repair them.

On my old 1092 TC-II, it was possible to tighten small chrome screws in
the side of the plug. Also it allowed 'daisychaining'.

This kit has rotational and light sensors, and 2x2 lights so I thought I
might upgrade them ( or downgrade the new connectors) so one idea would
be a conversion block.

..and it had a decent case with compartments. :-)

Dennis
--
CyberUser