 Robotics / 4397
Re: NQC tutorial available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:59:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mark Overmars writes:
In my opinion NQC is the easiest way to program the Lego Robots.
But people that never programmed before seem to think it is
difficult (maybe because it sounds like C). So I decided to
write an extensive tutorial on how to use NQC. The tutorial does
not assume any prior knowledge on programming. It contains about 40
example programs. You can find the tutorial at my Lego page:

Mark,

  I use your NQCCC exclusively to program my RCX.  Your code templates and
help system (especially the last edition!) are superb.  I like your setup
because it integrates all the necessary stuff right there and the help files
are pretty good at explaining the syntax and macro expansions.  The main
problem that I had with NQC was not the language, but how to talk to the
basic elements, I didn't know how to set sensor and motor modes or how to
deal with the variables.  Your setup helps that out a LOT.  Not to gush
or anything, but my thanks and a tip of the hat goes to you and your work
in this area (as well as the work Dave Baum did in creating NQC!).  I
wouldn't be having as much fun without it!

DLC