 Robotics / 4387
Re: Angle Sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 16:42:52 GMT

One of the best suggestions (maybe from Ralph Hempel??) that I have seen for
this sensor is to gear it up (down?) to get the desired rotational
resolution.

-Rob Doucette.

Franz-Michael S. Mellbin wrote in message ...
In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Michel Verhagen) writes:
Can someone tell me how the angle sensor works?

The Lego rotation sensor counts each rotation in 16 steps starting from 1 • (no.
# 2 to 17 for the first full rotation). If the rotation goes backwards the
count is negative (no. # 0 to -15 for the first full backward rotation).

The count is cumulative, so that ten full rotations forward add 160, while
twenty full rotations back subtract 320; so your sensor value here would be • 1 +
160 - 320 = -159.

Measured in degrees every 2 steps are a full 45 degrees. My impression is • that
the sensor is very accurate.