 Robotics / 4328
4327  |  4329
Subject:
LEGO Image Quality - was Crown Gear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 18:38:42 GMT

Stephan wrote:

I've been noticing lately that some of the more interesting Technic parts
appearing on the ThrowBots are starting to show up in other Lego technic
models.  The one I see appearing the most often is the hi-tech looking beam that
is seen in white and blue at
http://www.legomindstorms.com/press/download/ddk5.html.  It looks like the same
piece in the Throwbot Turbo http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8502-1 for
example.  They are green on the Throw Bot here.

Right you are, and the following link shows a beam similar to the new race
car set (which looks kinda lame)

http://www.legomindstorms.com/press/download/ddk1.html

Some of the new elements are VERY specialized indeed, but I bet it's not long
before some of us come up with interesting uses for them. It almost seems like
there is a critical mass of "standard" Technic parts and the only new parts
really have to be specialized like this. Comments?

All of this brings me to the following point. TLG has got some REALLY good imaging
going. These are big JPGs that are very clear and only about 45-55K in size.

These images seem to have an ideal size/bytesize/detail balance - I think I'll
try to figure out their details and modify my own site for the same balance.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/pbFORTH/default.html>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com