 Robotics / 4327
Re: new crown gear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:56:37 GMT

I've been noticing lately that some of the more interesting Technic parts
appearing on the ThrowBots are starting to show up in other Lego technic
models.  The one I see appearing the most often is the hi-tech looking beam that
is seen in white and blue at
http://www.legomindstorms.com/press/download/ddk5.html.  It looks like the same
piece in the Throwbot Turbo http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8502-1 for
example.  They are green on the Throw Bot here.

- Steve

Alex Wetmore wrote:

From: Eric Brok <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl>
It will reveal a new type of crown gear.

The new gear looks very cool.  It looks like the 16t gear, but it appears
that it can be used as a crown gear or a normal gear.

The new mini-sets could make for interesting desktoys at work (something
that I couldn't afford to do with real Mindstorms).

The lower list traffic is welcome by me...its much easier to read everything
on the list when there are 15 messages a day instead of 60.  I don't find
that the amount of useful content was higher when there were 60 messages a
day.

alex