 Robotics / 4204
  Bowing out of Joel's challenge!

Hi all, I'm new to the group, and really enjoy reading the messages and learning from all of you! Anyway...I was pretty excited by Joel Shafer's challenge, but it looks like I won't get to compete. The reason is pretty OK though: My 9 yr old (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bowing out of Joel's challenge!

I'd like to see your bot. I'm having trouble coming up with a good gripper that doesn't get in the way of the IR proximity detector. (...) -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bowing out of Joel's challenge!

Here is a rudimentary page with some pics of what I had. Important points to note: - This bot was designed to deal with empty cans only - Last design had 3 motors - but I was planning to eliminate one (hopefully) - I am an inexperienced hacker when (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)