 Robotics / 4058
Re: A walking robot with (only) two legs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:57:20 GMT

Andrew ,

Questions:
1. How Sturdy is it ?  Could you extend it to greated heightif you
midified the weight in the "sling" or no?

In its present configuration it is stable and strong enough. If you want to
extend its height and weight, you have to compensate this adding more weight on
the "sling", or better making it move further more "out" to the right and the
left. I imagin you'll have to re-design the legs too.

2.  Any thought of now implementing a knee joint or other mechanism to
collapse the lifted leg ?

Well, not now, maybe in the future. I have seen a nice knee joint somewhere on
the net but can't remember where.

Just Wondering, and again, congrats.  Cute looking little thing as well...

I am very glad you liked it.

Mario