 Robotics / 4057
Re: Robolab COM Ports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:19:26 GMT

What about getting a switch box so you can go back and forth.
Jim Clark

"Franz-Michael S. Mellbin" wrote:

I am running Robolab and Mindstorms on the same PC (WIN95).

I have a modem on COM1 and a touch pad on COM2. In Mindstorms I connected the
RCX transmitter to COM4 - but in Robolab the set-up screen only lists COM1 or
COM2 as options.

So using Robolab means shutting down, disconnecting the touch pad to use the
dreaded mouse(PS/2-port)and dis-/reconnecting the RCX transmitter. Afterwards
I get to do the same again.

Since I am using the two programs quite a lot - changing from one to the other
- any suggstions to how to make Robolab use COM4 would be very helpful.

The Lego/Dacta home page suggests changing the mouse type or disconnecting the
modem (what a help!?!). But my modem is internal and touch pads do not come
with a PS/2-port.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Franz-michael S. Mellbin

-------
fmm@fischer-mellbin.com
http://www.fischer-mellbin.com/

This message was sent from Bess.Net, a filtered Internet Access Provider
for children and families.