 Robotics / 3921
  Visual Basic and MindStorms

I have access to Visual Basic 5 and would like to know where to start using it to program my RCX. I have no programing experience other than the LEGO software. Is there any info on the web or a book I could buy to help me get started? I would (...) (26 years ago, 21-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Visual Basic and MindStorms

Bob - There's a great tutorial on VB 5.0 at: (URL) make sure you have the Mindstorms Technical reference material found at: (URL) you have specific questions feel free to ask. Thanks --- John. (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Visual Basic and MindStorms

Thanks John, The tutorial is just what I needed. I do have a question concerning spirit.ocx. Where should this file be placed in VB? I have succeeded in making "getstarted" work, but I think it was just stupid luck. -- Bob Fay The Shop (URL) (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Bob Fay wrote in message ... (...) This is meant as a starting point for exactly your situation: (URL) Brok (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Visual Basic and MindStorms

Bob - Eric Brok has directed you to some good information for incorporating Spirit.ocx into a VB project. If you're new to VB programming, I would advise you to first look at the begining sections of the tutorial to become familiar with the (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)