 Robotics / 3890
FW: O'Reilly Mindstorms Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:08:40 GMT

# -----Original Message-----
# From: lehman@javanet.com
# Sent: vendredi 19 février 1999 09:44
# To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
# Subject: RE: O'Reilly Mindstorms Book
#
<snip>
# That's an interesting point.  I wonder what percentage of the
# 80,000+ LMS
# owners out there are net-enabled.  Certainly, of the ones
# geeky enough to
# buy
#
#
# the book, almost all of those must be net-enabled...?
#
Take me for example. I do the www.linux.ie website, got
gods know how many electronics products & lego, archaic
computers (and I don't mean 486s) - with no home net
connection.
I can't use/install leocad cos the files are too
large to fit on floppy... et al.

I don't know whether I'm the exception or the rule but
I'm reminded of the phrase, pardon the language
"Assumptions are the mother of all major f**kups"

# What are the issues related to including a software CD-ROM
# with a book?
#
<snip>

With shareware, freeware and opensource software the author
has to sign a release allowing the publisher to include his
software on the CD. afaik.

#    - Harder for stores to sell aging copies?
#

Aging software is better than none. Just my 2 eurocents.

cu
Ken
Ken Guest
Credo Group Limited
Tel: +353-1-6310200 (New Number)
Fax: +353-1-6310300 (New Number)
Internet Address: kengu@credo.ie
Home Page: http://www.credo.ie

"THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS E-MAIL
MESSAGE ARE THE SENDER'S OWN AND DO NOT NECESSARILY
REPRESENT THE VIEWS AND THE OPINIONS OF CREDO GROUP
LIMITED OR ITS PARENT COMPANY"