 Robotics / 3837
RE: links to pictures of Star Wars Mindstorms sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:46:22 GMT

http://www.dailysci-fi.com/media/phantomenace/r2d2.jpg

r2d2 looks like a *lot* of specialized parts...

The two large white pieces at the front corners are part of many new '99
Technic sets.

The egg-shaped device in its belly could be some electronic device with
three blue push buttons. The sets of small holes could mean that there is a
speaker inside. It could be a Cybermaster-like device with built-in motors.
There's no space between this device and the two drive wheels for motors
(assuming this guy is motorized). An infrared transmitter could be
underneath the black cover at the top of the device.

The head of course seems very specialized. But the rest appears to be
standard Technic parts.

Tilman