 Robotics / 3791
Re: Recommended Add-On Sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:58:18 GMT

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Mike Monnin wrote:

I know this has been posted before but, can anyone suggest some add-on kits,
spares, technic kits to enhance the basic Midstorms starter kit?

Sources and phone numbers would be a great help.  I've got the Dacta catalog
if you need to reference specific spare parts.

I purchased the RIS and the Robosports expansion kit, and then ordered
the following to fill it out:

Lego Dacta 800/362-4308
============================
2x N979891 9V Angle Sensor
2x N779945 Differentials
2x N779932 Black Plates
2x N779876 Large Turntables
2x N779943 Blue Beams
2x N779927 Red Beams
4x N779943 Axles & Extenders
2x N779897 9V Connecting Leads
2x N779899 Hubs & Tires
2x N779966 Large Gear Wheels
1x N970006 Friction Connectors (100pc)
1x N970016 Bushing (100pc)
1x N970017 Bevel Gear 14t (100pc)
1x N970020 Small Pulley (100pc)
1x N779937 Small Chain Links (100pc)

Lego Shop@Home 800/835-4386
============================
4x 5229 Gears & Differentials
2x 5037 Electric Plates
4x 5228 Small Beams & Plates
4x 5321 Large White Plates
4x 5320 Small White Plates

Some of this was to build my own sensors (the electric plates and
connecting leads) -- the rest was just for building.  In general, if Lego
Dacta has what you want it is cheaper.  The only exception I found is the
5229 Gears & Differentials pack -- the S@H package has U-joints and other
gears that winds up being a better deal than buying the pieces through
Lego Dacta.

You might be able to do better buying sets, but you will probably wind up
with a lot of stuff you didn't want to get what you did want.  I spent
about $360 and I have everything I think I will ever need (famous last
words).

John A. Tamplin Traveller Information Services
jat@Traveller.COM 2104 West Ferry Way
256/705-7007 - FAX 256/705-7100 Huntsville, AL 35801