 Robotics / 3591
    Alternate Programming —Nick Goetz
   I just purchased my first Mindstorms kit. After looking over the lugnet messages it seems there are a lot of ways to program the RCX aside from what Lego provides. Since I have never programmed anything before, which of the available programs would (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Alternate Programming —Andy Bower
     Nick, The Lego-Robotics Wiki-web lists a number of alternative programming systems for the RCX at: (URL) is also a comparative review of some of the systems published at: (URL) don't think you need to go to Visual Basic just yet. There are a number (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Alternate Programming —Laurentino Martins
   (...) If you never programmed anything before, and if you don't really know what programming means, I think you should start with the bundled RIS software. When you start to feel limitations, then move to RCXcc & NQC. Visual Basic and the Spirit.OCX (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)