 Robotics / 3575
RE: O'Reilly Mindstorms book [was RE: Memory]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 05:46:30 GMT

At 03:32 PM 2/9/99 +1300, Tim McSweeney wrote:
[...]
A chapter or two on inter-RCX communication would go down a treat.
"extend your RCX's IO capabilities by buying another of the suckers"

Yup, I shelled out the bucks for two sets--I
definitely want to write about at least one
dual-RCX project.

[...]
What is the legal standpoint on using ideas that have been discussed on this
list in a book like this?

I'm no lawyer, but my basic attitude is that anything
on the list is public domain. I've gotten a lot of
topic ideas from this list, but in cases where I
mention a specific design or technique I will
do my darndest to give credit appropriately.
Part of the book's value is just collecting the
information that's already available on the
Web and in this mailing list and presenting it in
one place, in a cohesive form. As I said, I
will try very hard to give credit where credit
is due.

Regards,
Jonathan