 Robotics / 3565
Re: Computerized Trolley
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 00:06:21 GMT

Well I take it you have you three sensors one above the other looking at a marker
post at each station...

oops... only seven stations...

so you can have more than one white block on each marker post

so you could arrange them thusly:

white   white   white   white   black   black   black
black   black   white   white   black   white   white
black   white   black   white   white   black   white

black black black is between stops

and there are your seven stations
(and none of you computer geeks out there need comment to ME about the order)

Steve Barile wrote:

Nope, what do you propose?
SteveB

Gord Goebel writes:
Hey Steve,

That's very cool but do you realize that with 3 light sensors you could have 8
stops?

Steve Barile wrote:

I finally programmed the Decta Controller to control a
trolley line.  It senses (3x light sensor) the trolley at three locations
(train stops/stations) along a track. I assume a linear track rather than a
loop. After spending a somewhat random amount of time (adds realism) at each
stop it moves to the next. What's cool is that it randomly chooses which
station to go to next e.g. 1-2-3-2-3-2-1-3-2-3-1... the 1-3 implies that the
trolley blows thru stop (2) in the middle. When it arrives at any stop it
beeps the appropriate number of times. Before pulling out of each stop it
beeps again. Also while at the stop it can run motors... I just have a motor
spinning for now, but using the coo-coo clock model, I was thinking of
sticking some mini figs on a rotating platter so they come out of and back
into a station...

The trolley I'm using is a 9v based on the red trolley by Chris at
http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/trains/Engine% • 20gallery/engine_gallery.htm

SteveB

--
"It is better to ask a 'stupid question' than to make a stupid mistake."

--
"It is better to ask a 'stupid question' than to make a stupid mistake."