 Robotics / 3560
3559  |  3561
Subject:
Computerized Trolley
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 23:03:02 GMT

I finally programmed the Decta Controller to control a
trolley line.  It senses (3x light sensor) the trolley at three locations
(train stops/stations) along a track. I assume a linear track rather than a
loop. After spending a somewhat random amount of time (adds realism) at each
stop it moves to the next. What's cool is that it randomly chooses which
station to go to next e.g. 1-2-3-2-3-2-1-3-2-3-1... the 1-3 implies that the
trolley blows thru stop (2) in the middle. When it arrives at any stop it
beeps the appropriate number of times. Before pulling out of each stop it
beeps again. Also while at the stop it can run motors... I just have a motor
spinning for now, but using the coo-coo clock model, I was thinking of
sticking some mini figs on a rotating platter so they come out of and back
into a station...

The trolley I'm using is a 9v based on the red trolley by Chris at
http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/trains/Engine%20gallery/engine_gallery.htm

SteveB