 Robotics / 3482
Re: Angle Sensor; 1999 Catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 14:07:01 GMT

The LEGO sensor can keep up with a motor directly connected to
it.

Has this been everyone's experience? I have not had the chance to
experiment with my angle sensors very much since I got them, but by
hooking one up to the RCX and VIEWing the sensor reading (sensor set to
angle via Command Center), it appeared to me that the shaft had to be
rotating pretty slowly to keep the RCX from missing counts. How slowly?
About as slow as the micro motor, maybe a little slower, as I recall.
Perhaps the display of the RCX doesn't update as quickly as the internal
counters..?

Regards,
Issac.