 Robotics / 3432
RE: Vehicles : Experiments in Synthetic Psychology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 23:29:09 GMT

Somebody recommended this books, Vehicles : Experiments in Synthetic
Psychology Valentino Braitenberg, to me saying that some of the thing
can be build with MindStorms. Has anybody tried that?

I've read the book and it is pretty interesting (at least I thought so). Yes
these would be possible to implement in Mindstorms kids should find it
pretty interesting.

The basic idea is you have a robot with two wheels, one motor on each wheel.
at the front you mount two light sensors.  Hook each light sensor up to a
motor and let the robot loose in a room with lights.

By changing the connections between sensors and motors and by changing the
way speed varies with light levels you can get your vehicles to display
crude behaviors.  love, Hate, Fear.  By mountin lights on your vehicles
things get even more intertesting.  It's a good read.

Tim