 Robotics / 3404
Re: 360 deg. swiveling electrical connection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 00:45:18 GMT

I am not familiar with the cyberslam darts...
Does it have to be electrical trigger (or are you planning to route
something else - a sensor perhaps) ?

If mechanical trigger is ok, perhaps you could use a lego axle up the center
of the rotary joint.

Uhm, that sounds like some kind of tacky insult. It was not meant to, sorry.

--
SeeYa !
------------

Ben Kimball wrote in message ...
I put together a quick guard turret that spins, tracks direction, and fires
missiles from the cyber slam cannons. Perfect to guard your home territory.

Cool idea. I've been working on a wheeled tank using the add/sub
transmission discussed here. I have a small rotating turret on top of the
beast, but hadn't yet figured out a good way to trigger the CyberSlam
darts.

Is anyone else making warbots?

You bet! Someone said there'd be a competition in Austin...

Has anyone figured out a good way to maintain an electrical connection
between two parts separated by a 360 deg. rotating joint? Wire would just
twist up eventually and pop loose or tear.

Cheers,
Ben

--
Ben Kimball                                  <mailto:ben@fusiondev.com>