 Robotics / 3389
RE: Turrets for Robowars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 03:29:12 GMT

Thanks...now if I can can just figure out a trigger mechanism for the
throwbot arm....

Rich
http://rich.cmcsmart.com

-----Original Message-----
From: news@lugnet.com [mailto:news@lugnet.com]On Behalf Of Chris Magno
Sent: Monday, February 01, 1999 8:29 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Turrets for Robowars

Rich:

this looked real nice.

I thought I was the only person melding the cyber cannon and the
mindstorms.

my first "trick' was to place all 4 in a line, then run a "camshaft"
over the firing mech..  it was fun to watch them fire in sequence.

then I became obsessed with an "aimer" which I am working on now.  its
big and crude and bulky.  but it works. it needs 3 motors, and can zero
itself with the 2 rotation sensors.

I was stumped, for what to build next, (lego block) until I saw your
page and turret.  that's when I realized I still have one more sensor
input so I put in a light sensor and was playing with a "IR tracker"
when I actually crashed my mindstorms. I was programing with the lego
software (I don't know c) and managed to crash the brick.  just locked
up on me, had to pull the battery and reload the firmware.  (grin)

I don't have a scanner so I don't have pics. :(

I just wanted to say thanks for the idea of a IR tracker.

I've posted the code (in Lego RIS) that crashed my brick.  if anyone
wants to try.  ;)

http://www.myna.com/~cmagno/magic/crash.prg

you might need to right click and save to disk via this link.

Chris
the guy with the lego brick tattoo
or visit my lego walker page at:
http://www.myna.com/~cmagno/technics/tech.htm