 Robotics / 3386
Re: Fw: VERY Off topic [was Re: is Mindstorm/RCX Y2K Compliant???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 01:50:52 GMT

AH, Yes, the majic 9/9/99. Similiar to the old 6/9/69 which was a really wild
day. Also do you remember 6/6/66 which is 9/9/99 upside down.

John Donaldson

Tom Rowton wrote:

don't forget September 9, 1999.

I can personally attest to the fact that as late as '96, programmers were
using that date as a filler date. it was a date by which, _surely_, this
patchy code I am working on will have been replaced.  surely.   reason -
9-9-99 or 9/9/99 is the easiest date to type quickly that hasn't happened
yet - so far.

laters,
trowt